Above + Beyond Cancer is a mind, body, spirit cancer survivorship non-profit organization based in Des Moines, Iowa and is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented person to direct our events and fundraising efforts. The Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing and directing Above + Beyond Cancer’s fundraising, including the major gifts program, annual membership campaign, special fundraising events, identifying sponsors, and grant writing. This role will also include assisting with some non-fundraising events, such as soliciting volunteer support and event-day logistics.
- A positive attitude and embrace our mind, body, spirit approach to cancer survivorship
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- 2+ years minimum experience in professional fundraising
- Ability to draft and execute a multi-year fundraising plan
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrated “self-starter” who can initiate donor visits and fundraising calls
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with email marketing and social media tools
- Develop and execute a multi-year fundraising plan
- Identify and reach fundraising goals
- Meet and follow up with prospective donors
- Grow major gifts program
- Expand donor base through new fundraising programs and special operating grants
- Plan and manage fundraising events
- Strengthen membership numbers
- Outreach, communication and thanking donors
- Oversee grant seeking and writing
- Oversee creation of publications, invitations, flyers, and newsletters to support fundraising
- Assist with marketing and communications to raise awareness of Above + Beyond Cancer to various stakeholders
- Development Director will report to the Executive Director and Board Chairman.
- He/she will work with the Board of Directors fundraising subcommittee to coordinate events, projects and programs.
- Competitive / commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
- Please email resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Brad Anderson at email@example.com.