Above + Beyond Cancer, a public charity with a mission to elevate the lives of those touched by cancer, to create a healthier world, is looking for an energetic, driven, dynamic leader to become their new Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for executing Above + Beyond Cancer’s fast paced operation, managing staff and volunteers, overseeing the budget, leading marketing and communications, driving fundraising, growing weekly programming opportunities, forming strategic partnerships, planning and carrying out events as well as coordinating and marketing domestic and international journeys. The Executive Director reports directly to the Above + Beyond Cancer Chairman.
- Works with Development Director to manage and implement all fundraising efforts.
- Works with Programs and Partnership chairs to carry out existing events, activities, and journeys for survivors and caregivers. This includes coordinating the activities of staff, interns, volunteers, and outside contractors to ensure programs are run efficiently, effectively, and on budget.
- Works with Finance and Administration Chair to ensure financial and fiscal integrity. This includes approving all expenses and coordinating payments with the chair and Accounting Services staff at the Community Foundation.
- Works with Outreach Committee Chair to manage and implement all advertising and public relations plans…including all aspects of social media marketing.
- Maintains, and where possible enhances, ABC’s community partnerships to further enhance the mission and goals of the organization.
- Assists the Board of Directors in implementing its multi-year strategic plan.
- Communicates regularly with ABC’s chairman and executive committee. Participates in all executive committee and board meetings. Works with ABC’s Board Chair and President to establish all meeting agendas.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess:
- A positive attitude and strong belief in the mind, body, spirit approach to cancer survivorship.
- A proven track record of successful fundraising and community organizing success.
- Outstanding Board leadership and management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and writing abilities.
- Active community presence.
- Impressive organization skills and be detail oriented.
- Proficiency with fundraising databases, email marketing, and social media tools
- Experience in drafting and executing a multi-faceted, strategic plan for the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 5 – 10 years of non-profit management experience.
- Competitive / commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
- Email resume to Chris Goodale at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application end date is the close of business, Monday, July 16, 2018!